Terms & Conditions .
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
- "Salivary Gland Cancer UK", “we” or “our” means Salivary Gland Cancer UK, a registered charity (1182762) operating in England and Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland;
- "Material" means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links, computer code or other material published on, contained or available on the Website;
- "User", “you” or “your” means the individual or organisation accessing the Website, registering for events and/or making donations;
- "Website" means any website under the ownership or control of Salivary Gland Cancer UK which links to these terms and conditions.
- Reliance on information on this website
The content on this Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Any medical information referred to in or through this Website is given for information purposes only and is not intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment, to replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner, or to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider. You are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
- Your use of the website
By using the Website, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
We may amend or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
You may access, view and print copies of material contained on the Website as long as you comply with these terms and conditions and:
- you use the Material for information purposes and for your non-commercial, personal use only.
- all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are kept on the Material.
- you do not modify, reproduce, display, distribute the Material or perform the Material for any public use without prior written consent from Salivary Gland Cancer UK.
- Your lawful use of the website
When you use the Website (including uploading content to the Website or making contact with other Users of the Website), you must not:
- in any way breach any applicable law or regulation;
- infringe the copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of third parties;
- in any way be abusive, vulgar, obscene, unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory and/or or hateful to any person;
- violate the privacy or other personal rights of others;
- have the intention of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Any content you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. The User retains all ownership rights in the content, but agrees to grant Salivary Gland Cancer UK a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use the content on the Website. This includes storing, copying and making the content available to third parties.
- Limitation of Liability
Salivary Gland Cancer UK will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages (even if foreseeable) whether based on contract, tort or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This includes but is not limited to liability for: loss of data or profits; interruptions or delays to the Website; the provision of or failure to provide services; any information, Material, goods and services obtained through the Website; or otherwise arising out of your use of the Website.
- Third party websites
The Website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Salivary Gland Cancer UK. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Salivary Gland Cancer UK does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. Salivary Gland Cancer UK's inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
Although Salivary Gland Cancer UK makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website, we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, please take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
- Privacy and Cookies
Our Cookies Policy provides information about how cookies are used on our Website.
If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Salivary Gland Cancer UK and supersede all other communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and Salivary Gland Cancer UK.
Any failure of Salivary Gland Cancer UK to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights.
The terms and conditions and the use by the User of the Website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from or relating to the Website, any transactions made on the Website and/or these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. Social Media posts
Salivary Gland Cancer UK is not endorsing or responsible for the content of articles, or third-party organisations, that are highlighted or mentioned in our social media feeds (including, but not limited to X, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn), especially where the links in our posts go through to another source e.g. a newspaper article. If funds are being raised in these third party sources Salivary Gland Cancer UK is not endorsing, responsible or legally liable for those funds, what they are used for, or what those funds are being raised for. Please do your own thorough due diligence before donating or sending any funds to third-party links or organisations.