Coronavirus and people with cancer .
Guidance and Information for Cancer Patients around Covid-19
This page will be regularly updated as more information becomes available. The aim is to provide some useful information around Coronavirus and Cancer patients that is relevant to our Salivary Gland Cancer UK community.
- A set of frequently asked questions developed by the 'One Cancer Voice' group of charities* provides guidance on Coronavirus to people with Cancer (March 24th V3) and includes specific guidance for vulnerable groups. You can access the document here.
- For those who are having difficulties speaking and are unable to 'Call' 111, then you can access the NHS 111 online service here. There is an option to be contacted by phone text.
- You can see the letter from Sir Simon Stephens to NHS trusts, GPs and Community Services re the next steps, from March 17th here.
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from Covid-19, can be found here.
- Recent paper published by researchers in Italy. They state it is 'an attempt to provide practical suggestions on how to define a reasonable treatment strategy and mitigate the COVID-19 impact on HNC patients under the current pandemic conditions'. You can access it here.
*group of charities includes:
Anthony Nolan, Bloodwise, Bowel Cancer UK, Brain Tumour Research, Brains Trust, Breast Cancer Now, Cancer 52, Cancer Research UK, Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, Leukaemia Care, Lymphoma Action, Macmillan Cancer Support, Myeloma UK, National Cancer Research Institute, Ovarian Cancer Action, Pancreatic Cancer UK, Prostate Cancer UK, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, Salivary Gland Cancer UK, Sarcoma UK and Teenage Cancer Trust